Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tacita Ultio

Hello everybody, it's been a long time since i wrote a story... there's still 5 titles in the archive that i haven't gotten start on yet...
As usual, i only write stories when i have the mood...

This story is my 1st assignment to be passed on 18 August.
It's based on something i really idolize. The wolf.
The story is way too simple. The quality of the story was too low due to the restraints of words.

So here's a comeback story. The title is Tacita Ultio, Silent Revenge in Latin.



The night grew colder and darker. My body is still bleeding due to the wound that those filthy creatures inflicted upon me. I can still hear multiple footsteps, flashes of torches can be seen, and dogs barking. My legs are getting numb due to the heavy snow piled up. My vision is getting blur, I’m getting too tired to move around.

Luckily I was able to hide myself in the cave nearby. My heavy breathing echoed in the cave. Suddenly, there was a large bark coming from the entrance of the cave. I was afraid of getting caught. I limp to the side of the boulder, hoping to be unspotted. As the creature creep closer, my heart started to beat faster. I pulled all my courage to stand and get ready to pounce onto the creature. The air was getting colder, my breathing slowed down. All of a sudden, there was a loud shout from the entrance. Another creature was calling out to the vile creature besides me in an unknown language. It left.

A moment passes by slow, I lick the wound carefully. Even though the pain was unbearable, it will not change my mind set. I will take advantage of the silent night to get my revenge on that creature. I said to myself, “tacita ultio”. The despicable creature had killed my wife, my child, and my friends. I’m left all alone in this forest. The paradise I once knew became my last hunting ground for revenge.

As quietly as possible I ran out into the woods, following the direction of the lights and also the scent of the creature. My heart was filled with only pain. “What have we done to deserve this?” I ask God. We had never crossed the boundary, to the place where the trees had been chopped down. We only hunt when we need to feed. We have always been minding our own business. The creature we allowed to live alongside had misused the kindness we given. They were weak at first, slowly they grew in number. They reproduce like rats. Now their kind outnumbered us. It was a mistake to let them live.

The scent of that creature became stronger and stronger. There were few torches that can be seen moving around. The torches were moving and seen together in pair. They kept shouting to each another. As expected, they were treating this as a game. They were making too much noise and were too noticeable. I crept slowly towards the direction of the scent. The creature is now a few steps away from me.

My eyes glared at the creature, my claws ready and my fangs steadied at it. My hatred towards it was boiling. I leapt towards it with all my might, biting the neck until it snap. The creature’s blood was gushing continuously, and the creature went limp. When I realise I was blinded by the blood, it was too late. “Bang!” the shot went through my heart. The creature’s companion shouted, “No, Thomas. Don’t die.”



Words count : 507
Maximum: 500

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More